Monday, March 25, 2013

A post in which I make pizza*

It was pretty freakin' quiet at work today.  Alan is in Canada, and since I broke my ass trying to get everything done before he left, I have a relatively quiet week ahead.  I did find out that he'll be in on Thursday, but I have decided not to do any more write-offs this month.  They can wait.  It's not quarter-end (when it really counts) and all paperwork was supposed to be turned in by the 27th to be processed, and Thursday is the 28th.

I heard from Steve, a guy who comes to see me every so often.  It kind of came out today (he didn't just say this) that I am pretty low on his list.  I think he comes to see me when he can't get anyone else.  I got this because I made the comment today: "You know, I'm here all the time.  You're like a patient who never shows up until he has to go to the emergency room."  Queue embarrassed silence here. 

I shrugged it off and washed the comforter.  I have been meaning to try this ever since I got the new washer and drier, but have been putting it off.  I actually paid to have it laundered after I had the house re-wired.  I was a bit worried, but I needn't have been.  The new washer and drier handled it without a hiccup.

I made pizza for supper. I still had a crust left, and all the toppings from last week.  It turned out great.  I think next time I'm going to try some of the pizza dough they make at Publix.  You can buy it in the bakery, and I'm sure it's yeast dough they've already mixed and that has gone through the first rise.  I bet that would be better, and it may even be cheaper.

I watched telly and chatted online tonight after supper.  I found a great new t-shirt website www.shirtwoot.com, and spent some time there browsing.  They have some pretty great stuff, and it looks like a good place to shop for Logan and/or Billy presents.

Speaking of which.  I ran into Jo Ann online tonight.  As I suspected, she thought I was going to Frolicon this weekend, and was pretty crushed that I wasn't.  We chatted a bit about that, and segued into RBL's visit down there recently.  I asked her if Russ seemed 'off' to her, and she immediately said that he had.  We are both worried about him.  I told her if she could work it out, to try to carve out a little time to spend with just the two of them.  She is one of the few people that he trusts.  It  might help. 

There wasn't a new Drag Race tonight, so no chatting with Jake.  I just went on to bed.

No comments: