Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A post in which it is dinner out with James and Trey

Work went well today.  I finished up that huge account faster than I thought I would, and was able to move on to the 9 (!!) related accounts for that customer. 

Again I had intended to work late, but by the end of the day my brain kind of petered out.  After looking at individual lines of data all day, it kind of fries your mind.

James had gotten in touch last night and we had made plans for dinner.  I wanted to meet his new husband.  First, though, I had to get to the restaurant.  There had been an accident on 85, so Pelham Road was carmageddon.  I stopped at the Korean market and got some lo mein noodles, and got gas to kill some time.  It was a good thing I had plenty of time to get to the restaurant. James and Trey were coming from Spartanburg.

Eventually we all got there and went in to eat.  Dinner tonight was at India Palace, and the food was good (I love Indian), but I didn't think it was quite as good as usual tonight.  Naresh (the owner) wasn't there, and I wonder if that had something to do with it. 

Trey is adorable, and James seems really happy with him.  I'm glad for him.  We chatted, caught up, and just generally had a pleasant meal.  Because of the lateness of getting there, though, we soon realized we were holding them up from closing.  Although they are technically open until 10pm, we were the only table left by about 9:40pm.  We paid out (James sweetly buying dinner, which was a relief since I'm so broke at the mo) and chatted in the parking lot for a bit, but it was cold and windy.  After a bit, we broke up and headed our separate ways. 

It was a very nice evening.

When I got home, I had the bill for taxes on the car waiting for me.  I had completely forgotten it.  Yikes.  But it will be OK.  I have about a month to pay it.

No comments: