Friday, March 22, 2013

A post in which I go to see Dana

Work was frustrating.  I had planned a fairly easy day, having completed some complicated Canadian paperwork, and thinking that I had finished a complicated settlement I've been working on.  The attorney representing the debtor, though, proved to be more of a bastard than I thought and insisted on yet another ridiculous condition before they would pay the very discounted settlement.  I had to pass that to California for execution, which means it's on my follow-up list for the foreseeable future. 

I also got notice today that there are additional complications in trying to post about $200.  I've been trying to get this posted since mid-January.

- I sent up the checks for deposit.
-  After a couple of weeks they told me that my contact up there who had been cashing checks was no longer with the company. I was advised to wait and see if the checks showed up.  They didn't.
- I followed up on the checks, and was told that they were lost.  I was told to ask for new checks.
- After following up vociferously, it turned out that another department had taken the checks, ignored the posting information written on them, and taken the funds to their area.  Because this threw off their books, they were going to post the money back to our area properly.
- The funds were finally posted to the correct accounts, and I was able to adjust them off to the correct ledger accounts.

They told me today that because they had initially deposited the checks to the wrong bank account, they have now bounced.  I am again told that I will have to get new checks.  It seems to me at this point group of people can possibly be that incompetent.  No one is that stupid.  Which leads me to the conclusion that these snafus can only be the result of actual malice and forethought.

My victory is that I shall refuse to kill them.  No matter how they provoke me.  No matter how much they deserve it.  No matter how much they owe an apology to the poor trees working to make oxygen to support their completely unjustified existence. 

I got in contact with Dana and asked if I could visit tonight. Miss Kat is in Texas.  I picked up dinner at Silver Bay on my way over (from a young counter attendant who was really trying too hard - drop earrings and drag-queen false eyelashes are just a tad much to sling flounder, don't you think?), and settled in a their place for a visit.

Dana and I caught up and just hung out.  It was relaxation that I badly needed after a very long week.  The catfish was excellent, as usual, and the company was great too.  I didn't even mind the dog slobbering on me.  It was really good to know that I have a couple of days off.  I need them.

No comments: