Saturday, March 2, 2013

A post in which I have dinner with the boys*

Since I had been tired all week, and I could sleep in this morning, I was of course up before the chickens today.  I just went ahead and started surfing.  I did have a buddy visit with a nice guy who lives suprisingly close and was a lot of fun.  I'll have to see him again.  His name is Alejandro.

After I dropped him off, I debated going for some breakfast, but couldn't really think of anything I wanted.  The rule is that if I don't know what I want, I go home.  So that's what I did.  It's been challenging to come up with appealing meals since I'm on antibiotics (still) which means no dairy.  I didn't realize how much dairy I ate until I couldn't have it any more.  It's not milk (I usually drink soy now) - it's cheese.  I LOVE cheese.  Particularly on the weekend.  And of course since it's forbidden now that makes it twice as appealing.  Especially since I have bagels in the freezer and salmon cream cheese (which is one of my favorite things in life) in the fridge. 

I had some scramnbled eggs and garlic toast, and decided to sleep for a while longer.  The weather was ugly (we had flurries of wet snow this morning), and I really didn't need anything but fruit from the flea market. 

When I woke up I decided to go ahead and knock lunches for next week out of the way, so I made the spaghetti.  Here's the deal - usually on Saturdays I put off going to the store because I have to get all cleaned up first.  I don't like going through the whole ritual on a weekend morning.  Because the food was already there, I just cooked it.  And it was done.

I also washed the sheets, made the bed, and then did the whole toilette for good measure.

I had gotten in touch with the boys earlier in the week about doing something, but of course had heard crickets back.  So I got in touch with them and made plans to go to dinner.  We also needed to discuss Bear Hunt.  The dealio was that we went last year and had a fantastic time - probably one of the best trips I have ever had with Russ and Billy.  I had planned on that being the only trip I took this year (because of finances) and then they told me they weren't going.  Bummer.  But then this week they announced that their other plans had fallen through and they wanted to go.  At almost the end of registration, and after all the good rooms were gone.  I was still game, but we found out that all the suites had been taken, etc.  Tonight we worked out all the logistics and decided yes, we were definitely going, and all of that. 

We had supper at Irashiai (again - I didn't say anything about last night to them until we got there because I didn't want them to change their plans).  I got some different rolls, and although Russ's food came out very late, everything was good, and we had a good dinner.

When we got back to the house, Jake came over.  He has recently broken up with Bill and John - again - but he was at his charming best tonight.  He sometimes can be a bit much for me, but I really enjoyed his company tonight.  We played Phase 10, which I love.  It was a nice evening. 

No comments: