Thursday, March 7, 2013

A post in which I mis-calculate just bit

Work, thank goodness, is smoothing out.  I got my month end done today and was just gearing up to start work on my self review when I got a reminder about the audit.  The quarter is over and I had forgotten all about it.  I tucked in and started that.  I'd rather work on that than on my review anyway.  Our review process has been somewhat simplified, but it's still a pain in the &^%$$#!!  Not nearly as big a one for us as for our supervisors.  This time of year, I'm happy not to have staff.  I'd rather do the work myself then have to do reviews on them.

I went through my checking account today to see where I was.  Things are tight right now, but they're about to ease up.  I just have to get through the next month or so.  Satisfied that things were in order, I invited Rhonda to dinner.  I still had a complimentary appetizer burning a hole in my wallet. 

Although 385 South had once again turned into a parking lot, we were able to just go through town to get to Carrabbah's.  Our waiter, Timothy, was very nice, and didn't bat an eye at the coupon.  We opted for the crab cakes as an appetizer, which were telish.  It's really hard to screw up crab unless you burn or over-season it, and this wasn't.  Since I've eaten so much pasta this week, I opted for a salmon-topped salad, which was delicious.  I could really care less what I eat there as long as I get the bread, which is wonderful.  Rhonda's must have been scrumptious - I don't think I've ever seen her eat that much at one sitting before. 

Rhonda looked lovely tonight. She was wearing red, which always looks so good with her coloring.  We had a very nice meal, and I caught her up. 

We left fully sated, and decided to run through Kmart (the one on Wade Hampton is closing, and girlfriend is all about a bargain) to see what was on offer.  Rhonda got some styling stuff, and I picked up some underwear, a couple of movies (one of which was Iron Giant - a classic, in wide screen, AND marked down to $5), and some batteries.  The prices weren't super-low, but we were there as much to futz around as anything. 

We got in line with the slowest gay checker I have ever seen.  Usually the gay guys are more efficient, but not this guy.  We weren't in a terrific hurry, but we changed lines. 

Afterwards I dropped her at her place and headed home to turn in.  It had been a good day.  I always enjoy seeing Rhonda. 

It wasn't until I was almost home that I remembered that I had a check that hadn't cleared yet, and that I would over-draw my checking account before my next paycheck.  Ooops. 

No comments: