Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A post in which it is cheesapalooza!

I had to get something done today. So I did.  I did my call-backs, spit on my hands, took a running start, and dived in on a huge Canadian account that I'm processing this month.  My boss wants it off the books.  The write-off procedure up there is complicated, and this account had about 500 outstanding lines of data, all of which had to be gone through one at a time.  This is the biggest pain-in-the-ass of all the Canadian ones I have done - and that's saying something.

I made decent progress, but there is so much more to go.

By the end of the day my eyes were crossing and I just couldn't look at it any more.  I had planned on working late and just going straight to the restaurant to meet Dad for supper, but when he called me shortly after 5:30 to tell me he was on the way, I was relieved. 

I met Dad at Monterrey by the Mall.  I like their food, and I was ready for some CHEESE!  I took my last antibiotic last night, after being on them off and on for the last two months, and for the last three weeks straight.  Because of the dairy issues with antibiotics, and because I have been sick for so long, I elected not to eat much dairy while I was on the meds.  I figured it wouldn't hurt me to eat a little less cheese, right?  But I eat more of it than I realize.  Plus making it 'forbidden' made it that much more alluring.  I love it anyway, but tonight I was really starving for it.

We started off with a cheese dip, and then I had a big mushroom quesadilla (which was delicious), and I topped it off by having some flan that I totally did not need.  I ate too much and didn't feel great, but I wanted every bite of it. 

I went back to the house to visit with Dad for a little bit.  He seems relaxed, and he has enjoyed his time batchin' it.  Mom comes back tomorrow.  She had called him to remind him about dinner with me tonight, and had sent me a text to be sure we were out to dinner together.  She also called him at the house tonight to remind him again about her arrival time tomorrow.

I left early to let Dad enjoy his last night of freedom, but admonished him that he better clean up the kitchen before she got back tomorrow.  It's a wreck!  I threw away the used paper plates and stuff, and moved dishes toward the sink, but I wasn't about to take it all on by myself.  He's afraid to have the cleaning woman in when he's there by himself for fear of rumors of impropriety.  Really. 

Oh well, Eve won't be happy unless she has something to complain about when she gets home anyway, and since taking care of him seems to be her raison d'etre, she'll feel needed. 

No comments: