Friday, March 15, 2013

A post in which I elect to stay in

Usually on Friday nights I try to find something to do, but I had a full weekend ahead.  Also, I had gotten such a head-start on things the other Friday by going to the grocery store with Rhonda on Friday night that I decided to do it tonight.

The first stop was at the liquor store to buy a bottle of bourbon for a birthday present.  I had no idea what Smitty drank, but his (I found out later ex) boyfriend helped me out there.  Having picked out a nice bottle, I stowed it in the car, and decided to look at shoes.  I hate my Friday shoes.  We are allowed to wear jeans on Fridays, but not tennis shoes to work.  We have to wear leather shoes.  I bought some boat shoes I've been wearing, but they are uncomfortable and I just plain have decided I don't like them.  So I've been thinking I should look around for some kind-of cool leather shoes that are also uber-comfortable.  Not that I can afford these, mind you, but if I fell in love, I would buy them anyway.  I didn't fall in love tonight. 

I went through Ross' Dress for Less and the Marshall's Home Store also.  I've been thinking I would like some new rugs.  I need to paint the back room first, but a great rug could actually inspire a color scheme.  The green room walls have some bad places due to an old water leak.  It's not terrifically noticeable, but it's just time to do some repair work in there and re-paint.  I've been putting it off because I love the way that room turned out so much.  But if I get inspired, that would make it easier to re-do.  No rug love either though.


I headed back towards the house and decided to stop at the grocery store.  I had a big bag of change that Rhonda got out of the dash when she took the car to have it cleaned.  I had intended just to run the bag through the Coinstar machine.  I needed toilet paper, and I figured if I did that it would be like 'found money' and I could get the fancy kind with a clear conscience.  As it ended up, I had been carrying $30 worth of change around in the dash!  So I went on a little shopping spree and spent it all on groceries.  I spent a little more than $30, but I was so rich what did I care?  I didn't buy anything frivolous.  They had 8 O'Clock coffee on sale two-for-one, so I re-stocked on coffee.  They even had a new limited-edition 'seasonal' flavor on sale - chocolate mint.  Yummm.  I guess it was for Girl Scout cookie season, but I was very excited.  I have two bags.  I don't know if I'll be able to wait until the old coffee is gone (I keep a couple of bags in the freezer) to try it or not.

Afterwards I went virtuously home and ate Caesar salad I had
bought on sale last week for supper.  I was a good boy. 

No comments: