Monday, March 4, 2013

A post in which I work on month end

Things are still quiet.  I'm letting them lie while they will.  I'm a bit worried that I can't see what Jeffrey is working on - he's keeping his reports on his computer in Manila.  We'll talk about that when this is finished and the immediate pressure is over; because Alan decided today (in his infinite wisdom) to have weekly reports run as of March 4 in addition to being run for February 28.  I don't know what is going to happen in the course of two freakin' business days to change the course of the &^%$#@!! universe, but he's the boss so we gotta do it.

I am on my last day of antibiotics.  I know I am not better.  I can feel this stuff hanging out in my lungs just waiting to come roaring back.  So I started arguing with the doctor's office today.  I sent a request for the referral to the ENT which she told me would be the next step.  They sent me an appointment.  With the same GP.  So after going back and forth over that all day, they referred me back to the nurse.  Sigh.  In the meantime, I have some amoxicillin left from course #2.  I'm going to take the rest of that and hope that the one-two punch will finally knock this stuff out. But I'll also follow up with the nurse.

After work tonight I went to Aldi.  I had picked up some great fruit there the other week, and thought I would see what I could find.  Apparently either I had just hit it well by chance, or Monday night is the wrong time to go.  The fruit on offer was by and large distinctly sub-par.  I bought some oranges that smell good, but look like those little sour ones that are full of seeds.  I'll find out, I guess.  What did surprise me was the amount of just regular groceries on offer.  Things like flour, brown sugar, spices, etc - a lot of it really cheap.  So I'm going to have to add Aldi to my list of places to regularly shop.  Tonight I did buy some things I probably shouldn't, but I was hungry.  If I went with a list I would do better. 

I also stopped on the way home to get one of the new home HIV tests.  I don't think I have seroconverted, but because of this repeated sinus infection, it's been niggling in the back of my mind.  But then it's always in the back of my mind, somewhere.  I reflected tonight that I have had to deal with the fear of HIV my entire sexual life.  Sigh.  That's sad.  But it's been over a year since I was tested, and it was time.  What a waste of packaging!  The packaging and procedure was ridiculously elaborate and wasteful, I guess to 'justify' the $40 cost.  There was a huge (non-recyclable) plastic thing like a notebook, with flip sheets and a drawer to hold the (small) test, and two books.  The test was easy, though, and I was negative.  I had pretty much figured that, but it was good to get it off the table. 

I had a Caesar salad for supper, along with some munchies from Aldi and a couple of pecan sandies (which I did NOT need, but which I wanted) for dessert. 

I tucked into bed and turned on RuPaul's Drag Race.  I texted back and forth with Jake while we watched.  I knew he would be watching, and it was kind of cozy to 'talk' while we watched. 

No comments: