Sunday, March 3, 2013

A post in which I reflect a bit, and meet some new friends

So I was up too early today, but it was OK.  I registerd for Bear Hunt, and sent the hotel password to Billy so that he could get the reservations straightened out with the hotel.  I made poached eggs and thought about Miss Kat, who loves hard poached eggs.  It's really hard to get them that way down here, where generally poached pretty much equals almost raw.

After breakfast I had a little nap. 

Since I had done most of the big chores yesterday, I had the luxury of doing peripheral things today.  I did a load of towels and got ready to go out while they were in the washer.  I loaded up the car and hauled off the recycling.  I made a run by and dropped off a load at Goodwill.  I went for an auxiliary trip to the grocery store to pick up things I was out of (I hadn't had a list when I was there on Friday night) instead of cramming that in during a weeknight as I usually do. 

I went to Old Navy because I have to have new pants.  I was pleasantly surprised that they had my size and color in stock.  The helpful and courteous saleperson told me that they were discontinuing the pants I bought today, so I went ahead and got two pairs.  I was in and out in about 30 minutes.  AMAZING!  And unexpectedly painless.  So since they aren't making them any more the next time won't be fun, but this time was a breeze. 

When I got home, I had a message from Billy.  I called the hotel and got my reservation completed.  I'm all ready for Bear Hunt now, and so are they.  Sadly there weren't any adjoining rooms. The hotel told us they would make a note to put us 'close' to each other, but I doubt they will. Still, going and staying in separate rooms is better than not going at all. 

Because I had gotten the lunches done and all, I really didn't have anything I HAD to do this afternoon.  I had time for a wee nappie.  I reflected that if I stopped chasing boys, I could probably rule the world in my spare time.  It is amazing how much I can get done when I'm not trying to chase down guys.

I made plans to have supper with the boys downtown tonight and got ready while I watched a Face Off marathon.  Our friend Rich had two guys who were new to town and wanted to meet some folks. Since RBL know pretty much everyone East of the Mississipi (and a few to the West) they were the natural ones to put them in touch.  Mike and Donnie were a nice couple, about our age.  They have been together for a while.  We had dinner at The Orient and got to know them a little.  They had some rather derisive things to say about the South (even having not been here that long) but then so do I (although I have license, being from here); but they also liked my accent, and they seemed pretty nice, which evened things out. 

So aside from the freezing hike through downtown to the restaurant, it was a pleasant evening, and a nice wind-up for the weekend. 

No comments: