Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A post in which I have a pleasant date*

Just as I was despairing over the state of my personal life, I had an unexpectedly nice evening. 

I had seen a new guy, Jeffrey, once before, and he was nice but had unfortunate breath.  He had said something about going out again though, and I was amenable.  Tonight was the night that we had agreed upon, but I hadn't heard from him.

I finally initiated a series of text messages today to find out what the deal was.  Initially, he seemed very indecisive and unenthusiastic, but then the tone changed and it actually seemed like he wanted to go.  Men. 

So I invited him over and jumped in the shower.

We went to Kannika's Thai Kitchen because he hadn't been there. He hasn't been here that long, and I told
him I would show him around to some of the better restaurants.  He misses some of the places he went in the Midwest.  Jeffrey is easy to talk to, and a nice guy.  I really enjoyed spending some time with him, and we have similar interests. The food was excellent, and we had a really great meal, culminating in him introducing me to Thai pumpkin custard.  I would never have ordered that, but it was gorgeously delicious.  He even paid for dinner (!).

He came back to the house and visited for a while, but I had to make him go.  Tomorrow is my Friday, but it's still a school night.

No comments: