Friday, May 4, 2012

A post in which it is party time**

I got up this morning and made breakfast for Billy and Logan; Russ still being abed.  I finished up just in time to nip up to have my picture made.  There were photographers who specialized on bear pictures here, and since I have my hair back and it's been a while since I had my picture made, I thought I should go and do it.  I am officially back on the market, and the last real set of ad pics I had made Russ and Billy made back in 2006.

The guys of Douglas-Hensley Photography immediately put me at ease. They were friendly, and really made me feel like they wanted my pictures to come out great and be what I wanted them to be.  We sat down for a brief talk about what I wanted, and then went to the shooting room where I started posing.  Fortunately I had bought a pretty good outfit at the outlet run yesterday - I had made the appointment ahead of time, but for some reason had come on the trip with nothing to have my picture made in.  They snapped away for quite a while.  I changed clothes several times, and we got a variety of poses.  Although I hate to have my picture made, I LOVE to be the center of attention and there is that frustrated starlet in me that really enjoyed playing model for a while.  Plus they were nice enough that it was almost like fun.  Most of the pictures I saw came out really well. 

When I was finished there was pizza out by the pool, so Logan and I made a pizza run for lunch, and then they headed out to see a movie.  I tried getting in touch with Gobibear but he was working.  I signed on to the computer and played online for a while.  Apparently no one turned out for the movie run, because the boys came back early.  I was headed out the door for a little visit to one of the bears when they came in.

When I got back upstairs, I took the nap I had intended to take earlier, and then Billy woke me for dinner.  Tonight was our trip to Abuelo's.  I freakin' LOVE Abuelo's.  It's a fantastic Mexican place I found a couple of years ago before a trip to the beach with my mom.  We went once, and I've been hooked ever since.  I had taken RBL there for supper last year during the bear run, and we enjoyed it enough that we all wanted to go back.  There had been some menu changes, but the food was just as good as I remembered, and our service was excellent.  When we left, I was thinking we needed to make this a tradition.  The seasonal trip to Abuelo's, like salmon swimming upstream to spawn.  Which actually wasn't far off, as metaphors go...

Tonight was party night.  There was the bear slave auction for charity at poolside, followed by some truly heinous entertainment, but it was all in good fun.  I talked to some folks, checking in with RBL periodically.  Eddie and Sean were there from earlier in the day, as was Gobibear.  He actually pissed me off a little bit tonight.  We were talking to a friend of his, and I prepared to launch into a lauding of his intimate talents (rarely am I in bed with a guy thinking he is SO much better at this than me, but I do that with him) when he quickly cut his eyes at me.  I trailed off and he changed the subject.  He obviously didn't want his friend to know that we had been to bed together, which told me that either a) he was in the closet, even at a freakin' bear event for cryin' out lout; or b) that he was embarrassed to have been with me.  If it was the former, I have to mentally roll my eyes, and the latter is totally unacceptable.

They closed down the poolside party at 1am or so, and I drifted up to one of the parties in the hotel, where I ran back in to Sean and Eddie.  I ended up going back to their room for a while, after which I went back downstairs way ready for bed.

But RBL were back too, and Russ was tore down - tore down from the floor down, to borrow a biker expression from Mom.  Billy and an also intoxicated Logan were trying to get him to bed and get his wrist braces on as he called to me for help.  He seemed to think they were tying him up and wanted me to rescue him.  As funny as he was, I was glad I wasn't sleeping with him.  I went out onto the balcony, had a smoke and a snack, and headed back through.  Russ was talking to me through the door.  "I know you're out there, Steve."  he was saying, "I can hear you.  Don't think I don't know you're out there.  I can't believe you won't help me."  That was pretty funny, but he was simmering down.  I listened at the door for a minute or two to make sure he was OK, and then turned in myself.

No comments: