Sunday, May 13, 2012

A post in which I go off with Russ*

The weather turned a bit yucky overnight.  I was up fairly early, and was feeling lonely this morning.  Sundays do that to me sometimes.  I chatted online for a bit and then went back to sleep. 

When I woke back up I saw that it was overcast, but didn't realize it was actually raining until Russ called me.  He wanted to go to the Andersen Jockey Lot anyway, and I was game.  Rainy days are usually better to go to the Barnyard flea market in Duncan, but Russ wanted something specific from Anderson.  He showed up at the house with coffee and we headed off.

Unfortunately the weather continued to deteriorate.  We knew it was bad though, so we just decided to weather it out.  The vendor Russ wanted to see was under the shed portion anyway.  Unfortunately he wasn't there today.  Of course outside was closed down.  But we still had a pretty good flea market day. There was plenty to look at inside, and we got some t-shirts.  I got one I had looked at online for less than half price, and Russ got a shirt for Billy and Logan.  I also got a searcy for Dana.  Sadly, there was no glass to be had today (blood price or not), but I mainly wanted to go to spend some time with Russ anyway, and I got that. 

After the flea market we picked up the boys and all went to lunch at Red Robin.  I LOVE Red Robin.  I can get any hamburger there (they will make any burger with a veggie patty), and that's unusual for me.  I didn't want fries today, so I got fried zucchini and mushrooms instead, shared some, and then had a side salad with my burger.  The food was great, and our waiter was a wonderful sassy gay guy that we really liked.

After eating until we couldn't move we headed over to Best Buy.  Billy always needs something from there, and Logan loves to go too.  We were there way longer than I thought we would be - but then we always are.

When we got back to the house Russ and I spent a little quality time on the porch, after which Logan left to go see his family.  He dropped me at my house on the way.  As I had suspected, I was in the mood to do nothing.  So that's what I did.  I chatted online, and ended up having a buddy come by.  He was a guy I had met before.  I had tried in vain to get him back, so it was good to see him today, and it was perfect snuggle weather.  It was a nice evening.  But I got jack nothing done.

No comments: