Thursday, May 17, 2012

A post in which I get ready to go - again

I talked to Mom today about the weekend.  I had pretty much decided to go down on Friday and checked in with her about that.  The only plans she had (I checked 'cause she stays on the go!) were a visit from Cole, and she told me I was welcome to come for that, so it was a double treat!  I told her I would come on down.

Tonight was the night I set aside to finish up that huge load of laundry and pack for the weekend.  I went straight home from work.

When I got there though, my pictures had come - FINALLY!  I've been very impatient.  I had them made two weeks ago at the bear run, and they were supposed to have them back to me that Sunday before we left, but didn't.  Since then I'd been in touch with them by text, and every day they were supposed to send them - tomorrow. 

I was trying to be good and do my chores first, but the load of laundry wasn't dry.  I turned it back on, put the disc in, and fell into the internet vortex.  I had to label all the pics, set up an album, and then upload the pics to Facebook and to Bear411 (which I keep hoping will be the source for my next husband despite all evidence to the contrary).  My profile was due for an update.  Then I ate part of my supper, and at last got up to fold the laundry.

By then it was 8:45.  My goal had been to be in bed by 9pm - obviously that wasn't going to happen.  So I folded the clothes and laid some out to be packed.  I packed a bag.  I couldn't get happy with what I wanted to wear.  Nothing seemed to go together.  I pulled my new t-shirt I got last weekend out and it seemed to have shrunk up to nothing.  I guess I'll find out when I put it on.

Eventually I had packed about four times more than I needed, but it still didn't seem like I had anything to wear.  I just stopped.  I ate the rest of my supper.

I had been on Bear411 chatting, and had an ardent admirer in Ohio who was going to be in the area next week.  He's pretty cute, but a bit off-puttingly persistent.  We talked on the phone for a few minutes, and then I turned in.  Tomorrow will be a long day.

No comments: