Saturday, February 23, 2008

Russ and Billy's anniversary party

was tonight. It was their 10th anniversary. I was a bit worried about how I would feel - it's been a rough week, but after 12 hours of sleep in the last 24, I ended up feeling pretty on and sassy. I had a really good time, and was feeling most loquacious. Ted and Kirkland were there, the two hotties from the Christmas party that everyone drooled over the whole evening. Of course they are happily paired and in love. Sweet Justin was there, along with Bill and Drew, Rick Smith and his apparent ex (I don't know what's going on there), the beautfiul Ben and his boyfriend James (who was looking good, and is a lot prettier than I remember). Marshall and John drove down from Gastonia for the occasion. It was a fun party and I had a good time, despite all the grief I took over a funny story I told, and then explained the punch line for. I won't repeat the story, since apparently is isn't that funny, but Justin found my explanation of the punchline hilarious. In my defense, I have told that story before and had people not understand the punchline.

Of course, I was the only single person there. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to that. When I was with Michael we kind of developed a mostly coupled social group. I'm not sure how to break out and find single men my age. Bear411 is nice, but it hasn't been working out, since there are only about 50-60 guys active on it in the area. When you remove the married, the insane, the IQ challenged, and the closeted/bi-sexual/downlow guys, there just isn't a lot left to choose from.

I made Dan'l's hearts of palm dip, but since the store didn't have any hearts of palm, it became artichoke dip. That went over pretty well. Only about 3/4 of a cup was left :)

1 comment:

JLo said...

Would you believe that I am STILL chuckling over your explanation of your punch line? Still.