Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feelin' better.

Did some little things to pick myself up today. I did call Bi-Lo headquarters to tell them how nice the staff in that little store was to me last night. I talked to the manager of the store as well. They took my address, and I guess they’re going to send me coupons. I wish they wouldn’t. A random act of kindness is diminished if there is a reward, I think. Although you could certainly argue that anything I’ve done has been with selfish intent.

I’m looking forward to Mom getting her flowers tomorrow; that will be nice. I’m thinking I may take a few flowers over to BB tomorrow night. When I stopped for my prescriptions tonight, I got a little candy heart to give to Judi. She works with me and is a widow. I usually try to get her a little something on VD, since a lot of the other girls will be having flowers delivered and stuff. I’m looking forward to giving that to her tomorrow. So as hackneyed and nausea inducing as it sounds, usually the best way for me to make myself feel better is to make someone else feel better.

I also worked with BD to try to make that jerk account happy. Even if it doesn’t work, it makes me feel better that I gave it my best shot. Plus I worked my emails down to 39 today. I usually try to keep them around 50 if I can. When they go much higher, it means I have started to miss things, or that there are things in there that need to be deleted.

I also talked to Miss Kat. She said dana had a beastly day, so they weren’t up for company tonight, which was fine, and then she invited me over for tomorrow! I was like, “Um, tomorrow is VD.” Apparently, she had completely forgotten – not a good thing if you have a Sweet Babboo. But at least I reminded her before it was too late, so she can pick up a little something for dana.

So hopefully about this time tomorrow night, most of the VD madness will be over, and I’ll be packing for a weekend with mom and my precious niece and nephew. Since I forgot Cole’s (my nephew) birthday last week, I thought it was really important to go down this weekend and try to redeem some Uncle points. Also, I still have all their presents from Christmas, and I’d like to get those delivered. It will be good to see Mom too, of course. Should be a fun weekend.

No comments: