Thursday, February 14, 2008

And it's over, I report with profound gratitude.

Things actually went pretty well tonight. I was so busy that I once again had little time for dwelling on things. After getting through the hell traffic to get home, which took about an hour (everyone was apparently trying to get home to their sweet baboo at the same time, or trying to make their dinner reservations), I stopped for cat food, choosing to overlook the involved “loser” factor – after all, I don’t do that every VD, right? I then changed and headed over to see BB. I took her some chocolate covered cherries, her favorite candy, and some tulips, her favorite flower. She likes white the best, but they didn’t have any white ones, so I had to make do with pink with white tips. She was surprised to see me, since I was just there on Sunday. I arranged the flowers while we talked for a bit, and then I headed out.

Apparently I made the right call on the Valentine for Michael. I didn't hear from him today, and I guess that's appropriate at this point. Still, I'd like to know whether or not he ever got his Christmas present.

When I got home I ate (profoundly grateful that I didn’t have to go anywhere near a restaurant tonight) and then started packing. I have decided to leave straight from work tomorrow to hopefully beat some of the traffic, so there was a lot to do. I loaded up all the Christmas presents for Lisa’s family, and some stuff I told Mom I would bring her. Since I still hadn’t wrapped one of the presents (kept putting it off, since I hate to wrap gifts) I had to get all the stuff down out of the attic. I didn’t do a fancy present; paper covering is going to have to do at this point.

I got done a bit sooner than I thought, so I called this great guy I have been talking to online in St Louis. I haven’t really let myself get too involved, because I don’t want to be pining for a guy who lives halfway across the country, but he is just irresistible. We talked for over an hour. The conversation went really well, I thought, and he is obviously very smart (my fave) to go along with the sexy package. We talked about him maybe coming for a visit, and I hope he will. It was a nice way to finish up the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

St. Louis?! They're all crazy there! They invented Provel cheese. Nuf said.....