Saturday, March 31, 2012

A post in which Russ works a miracle!

I was up at 4:30am with insomnia today. I figured I could catch a nap later. Since I was up anyway I finally, finally went ahead and filed my taxes. I marvel at the world we live in now - that I can do this myself in the wee hours of the morning is amazing to me. I'm glad it's done. I didn't get as much of a refund as I had hoped, but I got one, and that's the important thing.

I was lazy today. I meant to go to the flea market, but got sucked into the internet vortex and ended up not going. I ate some breakfast and took a brief nap. When I woke up I realized I would have to get going if I was going to get ready, get to Rhonda's, and get us to the barber shop on time.

Today was my first post-treatment haircut, and I was very excited about it. My hair has grown in funny and tuft-y. I wondered if Russ could even do anything with it. But there were the usual preliminaries to go through. There were several people ahead of me, etc etc. I spent some of the wait time shampooing Rhonda.

He did a really cute cut on her, and then it was my turn in the chair. He kept turning me, but slowly I saw a cut emerge. I walked in looking like a refugee, and walked out looking like a person again. Russ is a freakin' GENIUS!

But we were in the shop for two and a half hours. By the time we got out, it was time to go meet Miss Kat and Dana for dinner. When we were almost there, Russ casually announced that it was Dana's birthday dinner. I was like 'What??!" When I checked my phone I had a text to that effect, but had missed it since we were in the barber shop, which is very noisy. We stopped at Barnes and Noble for emergency cards and I picked up a small gift.

Dinner tonight was at Longhorn - not a place that looms large in my dining repertoire, being a steakhouse. But I have to say our food was pretty good. My salmon was perfectly cooked, the appetizers were very good, and the drinks were scrumptious.

After we ate until we basically couldn't move, we adjourned to the house for a visit, but I didn't stay really late. I was too full to want to party much, and I have lunch tomorrow for Palm Sunday. So I toddled off home.

No comments: