Sunday, March 25, 2012

A post in which I am naughty

We had set up to go out for brunch today before Rob and Jo Ann left town. I got up and started getting ready because I knew I needed to be able to go when I was called. Sure enough, I got the message that we would meet at 11:30. I put the word out and arranged to pick up Rhonda.

Although it was a little colder than it has been (we've had very unseasonably warm weather of late) it was still a beautiful day. Rhonda and I had a little chance to talk on the way.

We were at the restaurant early, and they were able to seat us much more quickly than usual, so we were at the table waiting and drinking coffee when everyone came in. I was glad we went to Stax Omega today. I had been last week because I was craving pancakes, but noticed a woman eating a beautiful salad while we were there. They have two new meal salads on the menu that sounded delicious, and not just green liners for chicken (as is so often the case). Today was my last day on Lovenox, so I went for it. The salad was HUGE - it's one of that kind they bring you in a dishpan. But it had pineapple, mandarin oranges, blue cheese, and chunks of avocado; plus plenty of honey mustard dressing, which was what I really wanted. I made surprisingly short work of that trough of greens, and then finished up Rhonda's meal too. I have eaten way too many greens this weekend, but I see the doc tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out then.

After eating we went back to the house for a while, but when Rob and Jo Ann left I dropped Rhonda and headed on home.

I thought I would take a nap, but ended up mainly chatting online. I watched Worst Cooks in America when it came on - I've been really enjoying that this season. Part of the reason is that I like watching the 'real people' on the show, and part of it is that although I like Anne Burrell, she needs to be diluted a bit for me. I don't like Bobby Flay, but he's been nicer to the contestants than I expected. Plus he probably won't be back next season. It gives me someone to root against too, although I like some of the people on his team, and I like his finalist.

In other news, I made a possible date tonight. His name is Tim, and we've kind of sniffed around each other a year ago, but never actually met. He's a nice-looking guy, and I think he may be too good-looking for me, but I'm willing to go and find out. Plus, he may well beg off, or just not show - for some reason plans made on the internet aren't "real" plans for a lot of people. But he did text me. We'll see what happens. I am very cautiously encouraged.

No comments: