Monday, March 12, 2012

A post in which I see Nicole

I got in touch with Rhondee today and got her all registered to go to Frolicon in a couple of weeks - Yay! - that trip will now be more fun than ever :)

Nicole had gotten in touch last week about some movie vouchers that were going to expire and asked if I wanted to go to the movies tonight, so I said sure.

By the time I got off work today though, I was pretty wiped. The time change I guess, plus two weeks of accumulated insomnia. Plus there really wasn't anything on I wanted to see. When Nicole got to the house she said she didn't want to go to the movies either, she would rather just visit with me, which suited me fine :) It's nice to have friends that deteriorate at the same rate you do LOL Nicole is actually nine years younger than me, which I don't think about that often. Tonight she was sporting some impressive eye makeup - very sparkly. Nicole sometimes verges on being a female drag queen. I can't imagine where that influence comes from...

We ended up going to Barley's Tap Room downtown for supper. I had my taste buds all set for Thai food, but then it seems that is pretty much all I want lately. But Nicole wanted pizza, they do make a good one, and I can just about always eat pizza. As it turned out though, neither of us had pizza. She had a Calzone which looked delish, and I had a really delicious mushroom hoagie that I was very impressed with. I usually avoid the place because it is conspicuously young and hip, plus it's really noisy; but we had a quieter table tucked away in a little room, and they had an outstanding number of veggie dishes on the menu that were reasonably priced. As good as my sandwich was tonight, I'll be back.

Nicole caught me up on what was going on with people I hadn't seen in a while. I hadn't seen anyone since her birthday party last September, so there was a good bit to catch up on. I caught her up on family stuff, and Angela's continually growing plans for her wedding. The usual gurl talk.

Afterwards on a whim we decided to go for ice cream. I had related my experience at Yogurt Molehill, and she told me she was inclined to go with my review. Plus she had been craving ice cream. We drove over to Bruster's despite the fact that it was misting rain. We were surprised to find the parking lot full in spite of the rain. They had my favorite flavor they make - Toffee Crunch (yay!), so we got ice cream and headed for the house.

We ate ice cream, smoked, and visited for a while. It's always good to see Nicole.

No comments: