Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A post on dinner with the 'rents

Since I opted out of dinner with Dad and Eve on the excuse of surgery, we went tonight. I had been tired all day, partly because of really being out too late last night, and partly because I always forget how much it tires me out when they mess around in my innards until I have it done again. I worked today, but I was pretty wiped by quitting time.

I went on though. I wanted to see them, and I knew Dad would worry if I pled off.

Since one of the things I had been craving yesterday was pancakes, we went to Stax Omega to get some. Theirs are delicious, and their Greek Omelet is one of my very favorites. I almost changed my mind - they had a couple of salads on the menu that sounded great - but decided I needed to avoid the greens to keep my blood thin for right now. I took a shot this morning on doc's orders, but my arm had been twinging a bit.

We had a nice dinner, and I went back to the house to visit for a while. I had intended to leave early, but ended up hanging around until 8:30, which is almost as late as I usually stay. I took their garbage to the street for them (tomorrow is their trash day, and neither of them is really in shape to move the can), went by CVS to pick up a prescription, then went home and turned in. It felt like a very long day.

No comments: