Thursday, March 15, 2012

A post in which I go home!

I put in my ramp-up CD this morning on the way to work. I had a butt-load of work to do today. I hit the ground running and got it done though. And of course after I prepared the report for the meeting tomorrow, Alan re-scheduled. Par for the course.

I've been out every night this week. Now I love going out, but things were piling up at the house just a bit. Plus I was out of butter (which is pretty much defcon-1 at my house) and low on toilet paper. I went by the grocery store after work to do my shopping. Well some of it. I haven't decided what I'm making for lunches next week. Plus I balanced my checkbook this morning and for some reason I suddenly have no money. I had plenty of money a month ago. I am having to buy actual groceries now, but they're not too much more than I was paying for food during treatment, and I don't have all those pesky co-pays any longer. I don't get it.

Anyway, as I was coming out of the grocery store Dad called to invite me for supper. When I explained I had food to get home and stow, he asked if I wanted to come over afterwards. Oy. I thought about going home, getting the food put away, changing and heading back out to go across town, and just plain didn't want to do it. So I told Dad I wanted one night home this week. He didn't seem to care much for the idea, but sometimes you just have to carve out a little time to yourself. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't know how people with kids do it.

The weather is unseasonably warm and gorgeous. I got home and opened all the windows, fed the cats, and finally got all the crap out of the car that needed unloading - some of it I'd been hauling around for a couple of weeks.

I put a load of laundry in, and made some guacamole for supper. I bought the avocados last weekend and they were gorgeously ripe and perfect. I watched a bit of telly, petted the kitties, and chatted online for a bit. I haven't been on much this week and had messages to catch up on. Sadly, nothing from Gobibear (my flame from last year at Bear Hunt). Since he found out I'm going and we made the date to see each other, haven't heard a peep from him.

It was a great night on TV. They had a Chopped (only the best show in the history of the world - EVER) marathon on all evening, and then put on Sweet Genius. When I first started watching that one I didn't enjoy it as much because the guy was such a dick to the contestants, but I think someone had a quiet word with him - he's been much more human this season. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy certainly has the resume to be a dick if he wants to, but a) is that really necessary?; and b) do I really want watch that?

Tomorrow is Friday and payday (!!). Lady Beth had surgery this week and Lynn is in town. I'd like to go see them tomorrow if it isn't an imposition. Our Lady generally prefers to convalesce in solitude, but I'd like to do something for her. She was so good to me during treatment.

No comments: