Friday, March 2, 2012

A post in which I go out with Rhondee

It was a stressful day. The entire presentation has been changed, and I was trying to get everything I could before Alan is out of the office for the next week and a half. We also had credit insurance renewal due, and the quarterly audit - with a new auditing service yet. Sheesh. By the end of the day I was SO ready to go.

When I got off work though, I didn't want to go home, although I really should have gone home and rested. I have a very busy weekend ahead. Although I'm going to see the Kindred, I've been kind of dreading it in a way because my whole weekend has been eaten up, and because the business meeting on Sunday is bound to grow contentious and emotions will run high. Still, it's something we need to do to get us moving forward.

In the meantime though, it was Friday night, and I had just gotten paid (although admittedly I have been spending some serious $$ for the last couple o' weeks, and it was pretty much spent before I got it). I wanted to take Rhondee out, so I called her and rousted her to get ready.

I was really craving nasty Chinese buffet-style 'coconut' shrimp, so we headed to Hibachi Grill & Buffet on Woodruff Road. It's a place I'm not crazy about, but the last time I was there they had the shrimp I wanted, and it was near some places I wanted to run in afterwards. Of course they didn't have the one dish I went there for tonight, but we had an acceptable meal anyway, and I got some chat time with Rhonda, which is always nice.

After supper we went in Bed Bath & Beyond. I have been looking around for some new plasticware to take my lunch in. I'm tired of the disposable containers, and they make me feel environmentally irresponsible. If they were recyclable, I would just take them to be recycled, but they aren't a code that we recycle in Greenville County. I was no more successful at BB&B than I was at Garden Ridge. Dammit. There were almost no storage containers on offer, and the ones that were there I didn't like.

Rhonda and I still had a good rummage about. I bought some spoons and sent them home with Rhonda for Tony. Rhonda loves little tiny cutlery, and when she bought the flatware for their house, she bought tiny stuff. I was over there the other night, and there is Tony, who is 21 now, about 6'4", and has hands like large pizzas, trying to manoeuvre this tiny spoon to eat his supper. I thought it would be nice for him to have some people-size spoons.

We pretty much closed the place down, and afterwards I took Rhonda out for gelato. She loves it, and so when I'm out now, I'm always scouting for it. Tonight I took her to Tony's New York Style Pizzeria. It's a little place I found a couple of weeks ago by accident, but the pizza was great, and the gelato looked impressive. It didn't disappoint. Rhonda recognized the name of the place that make the gelato locally, although I didn't. She was tickled, and the gelato was excellent. I love doing little nice things for her.

Afterwards I took her home, had a smoke, and headed home myself. I have a good, but busy, weekend ahead. I had a sweet text from Tony thanking me for the spoons right before I turned in. It was a nice way to end the day :)

1 comment:

rhonda said...

i love you like a Tony loves his spoons