Thursday, March 22, 2012

A post in which I have another doctor's appointment

I went to see the cancer doc today. He wanted to monitor my arm, which was actually a bit swollen this morning but wasn't hurting. He put me back on the blood thinners through the end of April, but at least there is an end in sight. I dispatched another one of my thank you's today, taking in a vase of beautiful red alstroemeria to my nurse practitioner, who was lovely to me during treatment. It was just a simple bunch of flowers. I didn't get the 'flower arranging' gene. But they were pretty and I hope they brightened her day. I know they aren't very expensive, but I like alstroemeria better than a lot of the 'fancy' flowers, and sometimes I take a bunch of just them to someone, even though florists use them as 'accent' flowers. They're gorgeous (they look like little orchids to me) and they last forever - what's not to like?

I got to work late, but I am caught up so it's no big deal. I got my monthly meeting out of the way with Alan.

By the end of the day I was quite ready to go home. I bought a loaf of white bread earlier in the week as a part of one of my little spring rituals. When the Florida tomatoes come in I get a loaf of Bunny Bread and eat tomato sandwiches out of it until it's gone. Plus I had gotten lettuce and facon Monday night to make FLT's. But I changed my mind and went to cash in the last of a gift card for the Fresh Market I got for my birthday. I had a craving for their dill and honey mustard salmon. It's ridiculously expensive ($8 per small fillet!) but I just have to have some every now and then. In light of recent budgetary restraints, however, I am swearing off after tonight. I can make it for about half the price myself, and mine is actually better than theirs.

I had a nice supper with the windows open. I did a load of laundry that needed doing. I watched the tail end of a fairly scandalous episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, and went to bed. Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm really looking forward to the weekend :)

No comments: