Sunday, March 4, 2012

A post in which we have a business meeting*

So today was the long-awaited Kindred business meeting. I was up at 5:30 or so, and just decided that rather than lay there I'd go ahead and get up to get ready. That way I figured Rhonda and I would have time for coffee. I love it when she stays over. I did disturb her putting in a load of laundry, but she went back to sleep.

When it was time to get her up, she went to the bathroom for her remarkably abbreviated toilette while I made coffee. It is disconcerting to me that it takes her so much less time than me to get ready, and yet she still comes out looking like herself.

I wore my new pants today and was a vision in caramel. I garnered many compliments on the ensemble, so I'll have to wear it again. We did have time for coffee and a bit of a chat, but before it seemed like time, it was time to shift it. We got to the house only about 10 minutes late, but were still the last to arrive.

After more coffee and biscuits, things got underway. We had only three hours to cover the agenda because Lynn had a flight to catch. We covered most of it. We didn't always agree, but I was surprised how after some discussion, most things passed unanimously. Emotions ran high, and it wasn't always a pleasant proceeding, but we cleared the air and got some things resolved that really needed resolving. Lori and I are co-secretaries. We both took minutes so we could compare notes later and make sure that we got everything.

As Lady Beth ran Lynn to the airport, we relaxed and then made plans to have lunch at Stax Omega. Yum. I really wanted something fried, but didn't want fish, so I settled for the usual; one of their incomparable omelets. I got to sit beside Wilenda (yay!), who hadn't eaten there before. It took a while for us to get through the meal, but no one was in a hurry.

By the time we were finished with lunch though, everyone was pretty wiped out. The combination of all the emotions and the early morning had taken a toll. The out of towners left to go home, and I dropped off Rhonda and went home for a nap. I didn't actually end up taking one though.

I was sucked into the internet vortex and ended up having a buddy come by for a while. I really need to slow down with that. I guess it's natural that I would kind of 'make up for lost time' now that everything is functional again, but it's time to back off a bit. I think today showed me that.

I took the rest of the evening easy, heated up some yummy taters for supper, and turned in. Tomorrow there is still a lot to do at work.

No comments: