Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A post in which I deal with drama

Unexpected drama that I did my best to avoid, but there it was. Oy. Man problems of course. I started talking to a new guy (R), but I knew he had been out with a very old friend of mine (M). Despite my talking to M about this before I even had a cup of coffee with R, and despite R's assurances (and M's, for that matter) that he was free of commitment and could do what he wanted, the whole thing blew up in my face today. M says, after 25 years of friendship, that he "feels he can no longer trust me". I'm like what the fuck ever. I don't know what else I could have done to be up-front and honest about this, short of regarding every person M introduces me to as his property.

After being out the last two nights, I had some shopping I needed to do on the way home today. I stopped and got cat food first, because goodness knows the consequences of running out of that would be dire. I had stopped at Target for coffee (it's $2 less there than it is a Publix, surprisingly) and was looking around when Justin called me to ask if I was free. Well of course I was.

He came to the house and we caught up a bit before we went over to Tony's New York Style Pizzaeria for dinner. I had been in before for gelato, and I've had pizza from there which was good. The pasta looked fab when I was in there before, but sadly, it looked better than it actually was. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great, and I was a little bitter that we had passed up Portofino's (which was just across the parking lot) to try it. Their food is phenomenal.

The food was also pretty slow to come out. I had hoped to have a rummage through TJ Maxx after dinner, but it was not to be. By the time we got done it was about 8:30, and Justin wanted a cookie sandwich from the mall, so we paid as quickly as we could and headed out. He has discovered the apparently new and expanded JC Penny draperies section, which was surprisingly large and had a wide selection, although sadly I saw no valances to suit me for the bedroom. I'm going to have to make some more.

We got our dessert and headed back out. By the time we got back to my place he had to run, and I really needed to go to bed. It was a really nice evening, and it's always good to see and catch up with Justin. But next time we are going to Portofino's for dinner. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: