Sunday, April 1, 2012

A post in which it is Palm Sunday

I got up this morning and futzed around a bit, but was lazy again. I got a text from Eve that lunch would be at 1pm and planned accordingly. I was only a few minutes late, but when I got there I found that Lisa was running late, which is not unusual. I decided not to give her a hard time, lest she return to the policy of releasing no ETA at all.

Cole didn't come today. He's at the beach with his friends. He's gotten to that age - it's only natural. Ava looked very cute in her Easter dress of course. Eve had prepared a truly obscene amount of food. I had tried to talk her down some when she was discussing the menu with me on Tuesday, but apparently it didn't work. She also had a bunch of traditional Easter food that Lisa won't eat. Despite my telling her "Lisa won't eat that." So there were basically three of us for lunch. Lisa wasn't eating much, and Ava never does. There was food there for at least 10-12 people:

Ham - which Lisa doesn't like, and I don't eat
Pasta salad - Lisa won't eat because of mayo
Pineapple casserole
Squash casserole
Baked beans
Tomato relish
Baby carrots a l'orange
Fruit salad
Congealed salad
Croissants
Chocolate chick place markers
Chocolate Easter eggs (at least two dozen)
Small cupcakes
Easter egg shaped cakes

So we ate until we were too full for the fancy desserts Eve had bought. She decided she had to go to the pharmacy at 3:30 for some reason, although they were open until 6:30, but since I had to move my car anyway, and had things to do this afternoon, I went on home. I was sleepy too and wanted a nap.

So I took one. When I woke up I had my dessert (which Eve had packed up for me to take home). I should have taken some of the leftovers with me - I'm sure she'll throw them away.

I went to the grocery store for some of the trip provisions and makings for spaghetti, which I made for lunches next week. I did a couple of loads of laundry. I also (finally) made a batch of brownies to take to the nurses at the cancer center tomorrow. I'd been promising them for weeks.

By the time I was done with all that, had made and eaten a little supper and cleaned up, it was time for bed. The week starts over in the morning...

No comments: