Friday, March 23, 2012

A post in which I am very glad it's Friday

Not that I'm not always, mind you. Although I was out of work one day, it feels like it has been a very long week.

Dana went to the house today to fix my bathroom light switch. She re-wired the house for me last year, and they put the switches back in on the wrong sides of the switch plate. I lived with it for a year, but it was still bugging me, so I asked her to please fix it.

She called me from the house when she was done, and I asked about visiting them tonight. When I got the OK later on, I went scampering home to get ready. I ran through the bathroom, noting that she had straightened the switch box in there, but it seemed at the time that she hadn't moved the switches. It was only when I got home later that night that I realized she had moved them, but it seemed so right that they were back where they were supposed to be that I hadn't even noticed.

After debating about supper, I decided to eat pimento cheese. I picked up some last night at Fresh Market, and their pimento cheese is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to eat. I usually get fast food on Friday nights, but decided that a) I didn't need to spend the money (the Atlanta trip is in two weeks, and I still haven't filed my taxes - although I did finally print out the forms to do so today); and b) pimento cheese was just as bad for me and indulgent as anything I would eat out anyway. Plus I was able to appease my conscience by putting sliced tomatoes on the crostini. That's my favorite way to eat pimento cheese now, on crostini with sliced or grape tomatoes - YUM!

So after a delicious supper I headed for Miss Kat and dana's house to visit. It was great to see them as always. Afterwards, I came home, ate two CFT's (cheese, facon, and tomato) sandwiches and went to bed. So I ate two suppers. Yeah. I really need to stop that.

No comments: