Saturday, March 10, 2012

A post in which I am lazy

I was up early this morning with insomnia, and after cruising around online for a while, decided to go get some breakfast. I was very naughty and went out to get hash rounds from Hardee's, which are one of the most delicious things ever. But before I did that, I went by the teller machine (Dana had mentioned going to the flea market this morning), and while I was over there I went by the bakery to get an almond bear claw. I got back home, and was sleepy again after I finished breakfast. I decided to sleep for a while since it was only 7am. I figured I had at least another two hours before Dana was up, so laid back down. But there was no call from Dana. I'm sure she was so worn out from the last couple of weeks of craziness that she just slept. Which was fine. She needed the rest I'm sure. When I did wake up, I felt drug out and tired. These past two weeks of insomnia have really worn me out.

I flooped around for a while, but eventually decided I needed to get something done today. I went to get the oil changed in the car, since that has needed to be done for a while, but has kept getting pushed to the side. It was even more expensive than last time. I have to put synthetic oil in Gracine or I invalidate the warranty. Today's oil change was $72 (!!).

By the time I got out of there I wanted some lunch. I was going by Burger King to get some fish sandwiches (some of the BK's are running them 2 for $4 right now), but the one near my house wasn't running the special, so I just went home and made some veggie burgers. Then it was nap time (did I mention that I'm really drug out?)

I texted the boys and they were having date night tonight, so I decided to get my chores done so I could play tomorrow. I put a pot of Miss Kat's veggie stew on (I had a gorgeous quart of home-canned tomatoes from one of the girls at work and wanted to use them) and started doing laundry. The stew smelled wonderful, but wouldn't thicken up. I was out of tomato paste, as luck would have it. Eventually I just realized I would have to run to the store. While I was there I was inspired to have a junk food dinner (in concert with the plethora of junk food I had eaten all day). I picked up some spinach dip and some pizza rolls. Yummy!

I chatted online for a good while tonight. I really enjoy catching up with the guys on Bear411. So many people have messaged me to ask how I am, or to wish me well and tell me they're glad I'm feeling better. Makes me feel good.

The tomato paste was exactly what the dish needed, and as soon as I added it the stew thickened beautifully into gorgeous deliciousness. It was seriously some of the best tomato sauce I have ever made. So I plated it up for lunches next week and put a bit in the freezer. Although I had already eaten all the junk food I bought, I couldn't resist having a big bowl of it before I turned in. Scrumptious!! I put the last load of laundry in the drier and got ready for bed.

So it was a quiet day. But I've been spending too much money lately anyway, and I think I needed the downtime. It's kind of been a non-stop party thing since I got out of treatment and I guess it's time for things to slow down.

No comments: