Sunday, March 11, 2012

A post in which I go see my boys*

I did the double wake-up again this morning, and ended up getting pulled into the internet vortex again for a while. That turned out to be a bad idea. So I ended up being at the house for longer than I intended.

By the time I got free it was really too late for treasures at the flea market, but I needed fruit so I went anyway. This was the first time I had been to the White Horse flea market in quite some time, so I just walked around and took in the changes for a bit. One of the produce stands was just gone. Another was apparently doing well and had put in a floor. The place where a woman had sold 'gourmet' groceries was now an urban fashions clothing store.

There were some interesting things on offer today. I saw a glitter-bespangled Hanna Montana suitcase, and thought to myself that it would be a collector's item in a hundred years or so; but then reflected that a) you'd have to store it all that time; and b) if I bought it I would just have to leave it to Logan anyway, so I left it. There was a selection of African-American bedroom prints, showing a couple in various states of undress in surprisingly intimate positions. Interesting offer for a Sunday morning. It was too late for glass, but I found a navy knit hat to replace the one I messed up in the washer, and a bag of wooden clothes pins. I also got my fruit and some nice avocados. I ran into my friends Tom and David and talked to them for a bit, but of course the minute I saw them my voice just went away. Grrr.

I got home and texted a guy I started talking to last night for a little bit, made some breakfast, and took a nap. Then I changed the sheets and ate a snack before getting cleaned up to go to Russ and Billy's.

Logan was visiting his family, so it was the three of us for supper. We decided to go to Olive Garden since R&B had a gift card for there. I know it is fashionable to look down your nose at Olive Garden, but we had a really good meal there tonight. The service was a little slow, but the food was delicious. I ended up eating my dinner and half of Billy's.

After supper we went by the store to get nummies for dessert. Croissant doughnuts (yum!) and ice cream. We went back to their place, visited and ate sweets. We watched the new Big Bang Theory from last week on TiVo. It was a nice, relaxing evening. I enjoyed seeing them. And I guess I am ready for the new week. I got most of my chores done. All in all, it was a very nice weekend. After last weekend being so busy, it was nice to be more relaxed this weekend.

No comments: