Monday, March 19, 2012

A post in which I go shopping

Today was really kind of the fore-runner for tomorrow. I'm scheduled to get my chemo port out at long last. I'm nervous about it, but very ready all the same.

I had planned to do my grocery shopping on the way home because I didn't get the chance on Sunday, but my cookies came in. The women at work are always selling stuff for their kids. I got out of Girl Scout Cookies by buying some but sending them to the troops. But another of my co-workers was selling frozen cookie dough nuggets that you bake as you want to. They were ridiculously expensive, as all that stuff is, but I caved. The fact that there was white chocolate chip macadamia nut (my favorite) destroyed the last of my willpower. So today I got a tub with 2.5lbs of frozen cookie dough nuggets in it. Of course it turned off hot today. I couldn't leave the dough in the car while I did the shopping. So I went home, put it in the freezer, went ahead and ate supper (I was starving), and dragged myself back out to the grocery store.

I hate to go back out when I've gotten home and gotten all comfy after work, particularly when it is to do chores, but it had to be done. I wasn't sure if I would be able to carry a bunch of groceries later in the week. I don't mind going to the grocery store on the way home from work, but for some reason having to go back out made it seem like a chore. But the store was less crowded, and the checker I had was relaxed and friendly. Once I got there, I pretty much enjoyed it, and got my shopping done.

When I got home I made sure there was Mountain Dew in the fridge for Rhonda, and futzed around a bit to make sure things were ready. There are always things that need doing, of course, particularly as un-motivated as I was this past weekend, but they can wait.

Because I was worried about the procedure tomorrow I took sleeping pills tonight, despite my trying to wean myself off of them.

No comments: