Friday, December 31, 2010

A post in which I wish everyone a Happy New Year

Russ and Billy were hosting a small New Year's Eve get-together for some of the Kindred tonight. That kind of thing is just my speed. I usually go to Kimbley and Laura's house for NYE, but last year I didn't feel up to it, and then this year, I decided to go to Russ and Billy's. I'm actually kind of conflicted about it, because my life seems to have shrunk so much to just Kindred in the last year. If it wasn't for Russ, Billy, Miss Kat, and dana, I would be pretty alone in the world. But in the end, that's what I felt like doing, so that's what I did.

It wasn't an all-out kind of thing, which was fine with me. We're all getting too old for heavy partying anyway, apparently (with the exception of Russ, of course). Miss Kat, dana, and Lori were having a hard time making it to midnight! It was nice to spend some time around Lori and JP though. JP has always been nice to me, but he seemed exceptionally gracious tonight. They don't have a lot of private time because there are so many people at the house, but he invited me over anyway. I thought that was very nice of him.

We all made it until the ball dropped, had a toast of Asti Spumanti, and most of the people headed out shortly after. I stayed over because the cops were supposed to be so bad tonight, but by about 1am I was done in. I went on to bed, much to Russ's disappointment.

No comments: