Thursday, December 9, 2010

A post in which I feel pretty crappy

I woke up today after another crappy night’s sleep. I’ve been sleeping poorly recently, I think because of stress. My spankin boy was supposed to come by to see me today, but didn’t show up. Probably just as well. I really didn’t feel good at all. I decided to stay home today.

After a champion’s breakfast of leftover spaghetti, I settled in for some sleep. I woke up still feeling bad and addressed the rest of the Christmas cards I had. I ran out for another box of cards, and managed to find a box that was marginally acceptable at the Kmart near my house. Amazingly, they have stopped selling religious calendars, so I’ll have to get my calendar for Grandma Shumate elsewhere. They also didn’t have a Gamestop card or a Home Depot card for sale. So much for getting any Christmas gifts off the list. They did have a little surprise I picked up for Miss Kat.

I went over to BiLo near my house to get stamps, but of course since it was Christmas and people were actually buying stamps, they were out. I really hate that store. I dropped the stuff at the house and ran over to the post office in my neighborhood for the stamps. This was one of the few times I could take advantage of the 'ladies-who-lunch' hours they now keep. They did have stamps, thank goodness, probably because they aren’t usually open any more.

When I got back to the house I felt too crappy to continue cards right away. I had a small lunch and lay down for a while. I actually slept for another hour or so. When I got back up I finished the cards, except for those errant few that you have to track down addresses and stuff for. And that was pretty much what I got done today.

I lay down a while to finish out the afternoon, dozing off and on, and then got up and got cleaned up later in the evening. I went to the post office and dropped off the completed cards. I then went by and got some french fries that I really didn’t need for supper.

Scrooged, one of my favorite Christmas movies, was on tonight and I watched it. I think Bill Murray was great (as usual) in this, ruthlessly spoofing the excesses and tackiness of TV. That satire still feels fresh, even if his “good” gift on the gift list (a VHS machine) is now hopelessly dated. I really like Carol Kane in this. I wonder what happened to her. It’s always a chuckle to see flavor-of-the-month (at the time) David Johansen in this too. I took some Ibuprofen and by the time the movie was over, I felt semi-human. Hopefully I can sleep this off and feel better tomorrow.

No comments: