Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A post in which I go to the movies*

When I got up this morning I decided it was time for some companionship. I fell into the Manhunt vortex, and ended up going to see a guy that I went to see last year on New Year's Day. He's nice, and we had a really good time.

When I left though, I was ravenous. I had been over there without taking the time to eat this morning. After ruling out several possibilities I just went home, made a sandwich, and heated up a bowl of soup. Then I checked the internet and called Miss Kat. Neither Miss Kat nor I had seen the latest Harry Potter (the first part of Deadly Hallows). We had decided to go to a matinee, but hadn't made any concrete plans. Unfortunately the movie wasn't playing a matinee any longer, but we made plans to go to the show tonight.

They came over early and dana stayed at the house while Miss Kat and I went to the movie. Helen was apparently on the warpath today, and dana needed sanctuary. When they came in, Miss Kat wasn't feeling well. She had the sniffles and pretty bad congestion going on. Uh-oh. My immune system just doesn't need anything else to fight off. But since I'd spent so much time with them lately, if I was going to get someone I already had it.

I tried to be all ready and make sure I had a lighter and all since I was going out with Miss Kat. Despite my best efforts I dropped a cigarette on the way and thought it went down in the car. Miss Kat had to pull over so we could look for it, but I never found it. Embarrassing.

When we got to the theater, we decided to get a 'popcorn and two drinks' deal. When we got them, they were enormous! Miss Kat took her drink and walked off. She's gotten used to that kind of thing taking care of itself, which of course it did. I brought the popcorn in, and later teased her a bit about being able to tell that dana had been taking really good care of her. It was funny and sweet at the same time. We both enjoyed the movie, although it was much more grim than the former ones. Since they are setting up the final confrontation, though, I suppose this is appropriate.

We headed home after the movie, and it was so nice to come home to find the house lit up and dana there. It's so nice to come home to someone that you love. dana had been studying and spoiling the cats, and of course they were thrilled. We visited and watched a little telly before they went home. It was a really nice day.

No comments: