Sunday, December 12, 2010

A post in which I relax a bit

Russ had vaguely mentioned the flea market today, but when I got up around eight, I really didn’t feel like doing much. I had three hours until I was to meet them for brunch at Stax, but Russ told me to come on to the house before if I wanted. I had thought I might, but not. I was thinking about Logan. I wanted to call him, despite thinking I should play it a little cool. I was wondering how long it would be before he woke up when I got a text from him. I happily corresponded with him by phone until I was almost late for brunch.

When I got out of the shower, he was still texting. I got in the car and called him. We talked until I got there. It turns out that he likes older guys. He has been in a relationship of a year-plus, also with an older guy. That’s pretty impressive to me, since I was never able to hold anything together until my thirties. Also, he’s out to his parents, and has introduced a boyfriend to them before. All very good things. He sounds as if he has a good head on his shoulders. Plus he gets my jokes, and he likes a talker because he isn’t one. Since I would pretty much kill another talker like a Siamese Fighting Fish in a relationship that is a good thing. He also enjoys morning sex – a rare and precious gift in the gay community, and one I have seldom had the luck to encounter. We both regretted not going home together the night before, in a way. But of course my life is too complicated for that now.

When I got to brunch, there were a lot more people there than I was expecting! Chris and Kendel were there, which I knew, but Marty and Petal were there (yay!), as were Jazz and her Sir. Of course Joanne and Rob were there. Lady Beth came too! I was so excited to see her. I ran up to give her my protocol greeting, and was in such a hurry my knee went down on the curb and I fell over. She had to catch me to keep me from busting my head open on the pavement. Or just plain bowling her over. Smooth. Really smooth.

As usual when you have tons of people at a table, no one could really speak much to each other during the meal. I did talk to Chris and Kendel a bit. Chris is on vacation over the holidays as well, and we made plans to get together.

After brunch, everyone kind of took off for home. They had been in town for the Leather Ball. Russ told me that the Sunday supper for tonight was cancelled. We went back to their place and said goodbye to Joanne and Rob.

I had planned on more shopping today, but didn’t do it. It was so relaxing just to hang out with Russ and Billy. After last weekend, I felt like I deserved it. Billy and I watched last week’s glee, the Christmas one, which was incredibly sweet. We both cried through a lot of it. Russ was trying to put together a swing-through visit to Jeff and James’s house, or to get them to come by, but that didn’t happen.

Russ and Billy and I just went out for Thai, and then back to the house for the Fox Sunday night lineup. The Christmas Family Guy was on tonight, which I watched with great relish before heading home and to bed.

No comments: