Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A post in which I take dinner in again

I got a good bit done today. I got some work done on the cookbook, which really needed doing. It’s due on the 18th, and I have no idea if there’s even any place to get it printed and bound in town. I also got in touch with Lisa about Christmas for her and Carl. I also talked to Paul today about what to get for Brenden. He’s getting to the age that I won’t really be able to buy for him any longer – this year it’s a Gamestop card.

I talked to Eve today a couple of times. She was finally discharged and got home around 2. Apparently the meatball sub was a hit last night, because she asked for another one tonight. I love Bertolo’s Pizza. The people there are incredibly nice, and I love supporting local business. Eve has apparently gone off Capri’s for a bit, and after they gave me meat sauce the last time I went over there, they’re kind of on my list too. I had baked spaghetti tonight. It wasn’t as good as Capri’s but it was fine, and the portion was enormous, and much cheaper than Capri’s. Dad insisted on paying me for both nights’ supper, despite my protests.

I had planned to be out again tonight. The Christmas things are piling up, and I have got to get on top of that pile or it’s going to bury me! To that end, I had packed up the Christmas cards and my address book. I went in BiLo (since they were just around the corner from the restaurant) to pick up a box of cards since I didn’t buy any last year after Christmas as I usually do, but they didn’t have any. Great. I didn’t have time to go anywhere else, and that meant that I couldn’t finish the cards tonight. After I took supper in and we ate, I sat and did Christmas cards over there while we listened to TV. That kind of killed two birds with one stone. I was able to make serious headway into the cards. I’m also cutting down that list, which has gotten ridiculous through the years. Some of the people on it I haven’t seen a long time.

By about 8:30, Dad was ready for bed, and frankly so was I. I toddled on home, relaxed for a few minutes, and turned in. It’s been a really long day.

No comments: