Friday, December 17, 2010

A post in which I visit with Miss Kat and dana

I went and picked up the cookbooks today. They are really nice, and I'm very happy with the print job. The cover graphic turned out great, and they even put a black leatherette cover on the back without my even asking them - perfect. I'm so excited about tomorrow night now!

Today was the holiday lunch at work. They brought in Italian this year and it was quite good. The office was full of food - a lot of departments had their goody days today because so many people are off next week. I went over to marketing and snagged a big dish of what I thought was macaroni and cheese, but actually ended up being O'Brian potato casserole. It was pretty good. One of the departments had a cookie exchange today, and one of the women came around offering some of the cookies that were left. I took some. I LOVE cookies, and I'm not proud. She had plastic baggies and everything - this woman was prepared. I also packed up some of the left-over pasta from lunch. The pasta alfredo was excellent.

I was a bit down tonight about not going to see Miss Kat and dana. I miss them, but I thought they were still in Florida. I sent a text just to make sure, and found out that they were actually home! I was thrilled. I threw the cookies and the open tin of Toffee-ettes (ugh - I really hate that name) and joyfully made my way to their house. I took in a copy of the cookbook so Miss Kat could get an advance viewing.

I was very surprised at her reaction. I figured she would flip through it, make a comment, and that would be it, but she didn't. She got her glasses, sat right down, and read the introduction through. Then she started reading the recipes. I was very pleased and flattered - and surprised. I just sat and petted the dog and watched her read. It made me feel very important for her to pay so much attention to something I had written.

We enjoyed our usual visit and conversation. They caught me up on the trip to Florida, and to Disney. They apparently over-did it and suffered for it, which is very easy to do when you're there. I caught them up on what's been going on here. Another lovely evening at Miss Kat and dana's. Sigh. I am a lucky, lucky man.

No comments: