Sunday, December 19, 2010

A post in which it is a busy Sunday

Since a lot of people were still in town from the party, we made plans to go to breakfast the next day. MC and sa were there, as were Marty and Petal. We all left from Russ and Billy's house and went on to Stax Omega for breakfast. I had a very interesting sandwich on flat bread. It was good.

We left there and went to the shop. Russ was going to cut hair for MC. I rinsed her out again. I was a bit more nervous this time because I now know that she is tender-headed. I was as a child. But I was very careful and didn't hurt her head. She kept doing stuff to make me laugh. I just love her, and sa has been so sweet to me.

Although I didn't feel 'transformed' last night, it seemed as if everyone was nicer to me today. Not that they haven't been all along, it was just different. I don't have words to really explain it.

Russ got Marty in the chair, and kept him for over two hours! Apparently he had been waiting for this for a long time. He gave him the whole treatment, with hot towels, massage, etc. That was all well and good, but many of us had ridden with Russ and we had to wait for it all to get done. I didn't mind, I was really enjoying hanging out with everyone, but the day was melting away.

We didn't get out of the shop until about 3pm. I had to go home, wrap gifts for tonight (Russ had decided we would do gifts with the Sunday supper group this evening, and get ready to go to Dad's. I didn't even have a card for Dad's birthday. It was all I could do to get home, wrap and pack the gifts, and get cleaned up to meet Dad for supper.

I met them at Lieu's, pretty wiped out. Ava was in a precious little dress, and Cole had brought his best buddy with him. This was the first time I had met the guy. He was nice. After supper we went back to Dad and Eve's house. Dad gave Cole his car, but Cole hadn't brought his learner's permit with him so he couldn't drive the car. Dad was so disappointed, I could tell. Lisa had sent Dad a card, brought another one with her, and had gotten him a nice gift. Sigh. There I was, empty-handed.

We visited with them. I had thought I would have plenty of time to get to Russ's after supper, but they ended up not leaving until 10pm! I went on to Russ's, and everyone was there. We did the gifts. Jeff and James seemed to like their bottles, although initially they didn't know what the bottle tree was when they opened it.

Russ and Billy gave me some computer stuff to go with the new laptop, which was nice.

It was good to see everyone and spend some time with them, but I didn't leave until about 1am. I am gonna be dead tomorrow.

No comments: