Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A post in which I have a date for the first time in months!

I just plain didn’t feel like working today, but of course I had to.

I chatted back and forth with Logan some today and we set up a date for dinner tomorrow night. We’re going to have sushi, which I am glad he likes. We do have this first awkward date to get through and then I can relax a bit.

On the way home I stopped by Hobby Lobby again – I had forgotten to look for Grandma Shumate’s calendar last night. I got one tonight, and it’s really pretty. I called Eve to check on her and ended up meeting her and Dad for supper at Lieu’s. It was a revelation to me that they would ever eat there, but she seems to really like it. We enjoyed dinner. Dad is really excited about giving Cole his Christmas surprise, even if it isn’t officially a Christmas gift. I’m excited too. Dad is going up to see Grandma Thursday, so my timing was perfect. I gave Eve the calendar for Dad to take to her. I didn’t go back to their house to visit tonight – I had stuff to do around my house. If we end up back at the house tomorrow night I want things to be nice. I changed the sheets (just in case) emptied the garbage, and did some other minor stuff.

I sent Justin a text to tell him I was once again contemplating seeing a younger guy, and I called him to talk for a while. He wished me well.

Just before I got into bed I tried on the Date Jeans, and they fit! So all signs thus far are good. I looked up his astrological sign today – he’s a Leo, and Virgos and Leos are suppose to make very strong partnerships if they can work through the early stuff. So this is not only the first date I’ve had in months, he’s the first guy I’ve seen since Michael with whom I’m astrologically compatible. Stupid, I know, and I don’t really believe in all that, but it’s nice to know anyway. I’ve been trying to keep myself from getting terribly excited, but it’s difficult. I am nervous. The last couple of times getting shot out of the saddle have been hard on me.

I just can’t believe it’s only Tuesday! I’ve had a full week already!

I got a text from Logan right before I got into bed, and we sent them back and forth until I signed off and went to sleep. He is such a sweet guy. I am encouraged.

No comments: