Monday, December 6, 2010

A post in which I go back to work

Well, back to the real world. I survived the weekend, so now I have only the remaining 8,000 things left to do. I slept poorly last night, and decided that coffee alone wasn’t going to cut it. I went out on the porch for a cigarette, but I only had one, and I didn’t stay long. As Bernadette says, it was butt-ass cold out there.

I plugged in the tree and got ready for work. Work was pretty usual. I’m winding up the presentations and starting the weekly reports.

I called Mama today to tell her happy birthday. She and Rod had been to Savannah for the weekend. That woman loves to go more than anyone I know. He took her out today and bought her a really nice leather jacket for her birthday, and it sounded like they were having a great time. Good for her.

After work I decided to run errands since Eve is having her surgery tomorrow. I went by the pet shop and the library, and then home to eat the last of the party food for supper. I’m eating pretty Spartan lunches this week, in part because of all the rich food I know is headed my way. But I wasn’t going to let the party food go to waste now was I? Besides there wasn’t that much of it. And I had a salad too, OK?

Feeling pretty wiped, I decided to turn in early tonight, and went to bed with Marty on TCM. I really do love that movie. I’m so happy that Earnest Borgnine finds love. He totally deserved that Oscar.

No comments: