Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A post in which the bottom falls out

It was an absolutely crappy day at work. Apparently legal decided to clean off their desk before they left for the holidays. I came in this morning to a DOJ request for documents that expired yesterday. When I got back from lunch there was another from the Dept of Homeland Security. I was fit to be tied. I had planned on a quiet week doing write-offs, but that wasn't going to happen apparently.

When I got off work I went by CVS, which of course did not improve my mood.

I had left my phone at home today, and when I got in, I had a missed call from Eve. I called her back and she invited me to supper. I didn't have anything planned, and I really needed to see people after today, so I went.

We met at a little Italian place where I hadn't eaten in years. The food is still good. Eve looked the best I had seen her look in months. She had a good report from the doctor today, and he had taken out one of her drains. It did my heart good to see her looking and behaving like herself. We had a very pretty waiter whom Dad didn't seem to think much of. He was trying. I picked up the check for Dad's birthday since I hadn't gotten him a birthday present.

I was wiped, and begged off going to their place to visit. I went home and went to bed.

No comments: