Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A post in which it is date night*

(Faithful readers, I apologize for letting things get behind - the last week or so has been absolutely insane)

The main event today, of course, was the date with Logan. I made good time on the way home, thank goodness, and had time to shower, change, fluff the house (just in case), and drop Bernadette's Christmas card at the post office on my way to the restaurant. I was supposed to mail it last Saturday of course, and forgot as usual. I just put a bunch of stamps on it and said a little prayer. She'll probably get it late again though.

I was at the restaurant first, and had just ordered a cocktail when Logan came in. We had a nice meal (he is a surprisingly light eater for a young man) and talked. I drew him out a bit about his family tonight. Like Michael, his family is markedly drama-free and seems to be fairly uncomplicated. His parents don't seem to have had hysterics about his being gay, and although there was an adjustment period, it doesn't seem to be a big issue for him now. After the meal was through and the coversation waned a bit, I took a deep breath and had the pre-talk with him, which he was really cool about. After I finished, he said "So, do you want to go somewhere?"

We went to his place. Things weren't perfect, because life isn't perfect (I had to slap the virgo voice down outta my head); but it was quite nice. I hope to see him again. And that's all you're getting, sorry.

No comments: