Monday, November 1, 2010

A post in which things are worse than I thought

Ever since I was charged with the Canadian pile o' shit, I've dreaded work more than usual. But I was in this morning, working on month end. I felt that, although things were bad, I was finally beginning to get a handle on it. Even my boss's request for yet another weekly PowerPoint presentation was OK. I wasn't thrilled. But it was OK. Then the email landed in my box this afternoon, from the Canuck bitch, telling me that I would have her presentation to her by Friday. 22 slides, drawn from information that I've never seen. Basically because her people were too sorry to do it. So she's talked my weenie-ass boss into dumping the steaming pile in my lap. To say that I was upset is kind of like saying that the Titanic crew wasn't fond of icebergs.

Of course Alan was in conference all afternoon. When quitting time came I just logged out. I was way too upset to get any work done. Of course there was a horrible traffic jam this afternoon on top of everything else. I couldn't even get out of the parking lot.

So I went to the cafeteria, read for a half hour, and left. Alan skipped out the door right out of speaking distance as I left. Probably a good thing. If I'd talked to him this afternoon I would probably have been fired.

So I went home, ate left-overs, and stewed. I can't believe they have dumped this on me.

There was nothing on TV, of course. I just put a load of laundry in, dropped on the sofa, and vegged behind the computer. Time enough for unhappiness later.

No comments: