Friday, November 5, 2010

A post in which I reach the blessed sanctuary of Miss Kat's house

Since I (mostly) finished that new stuff yesterday, today I just ignored it and caught up on calls and my regular job. Monday should be almost normal at work.

I was worried that dana would cancel on me tonight, but she didn't. She sounded notably out of spirits when she left a message for me that we were still on.

I ran by the library and got the second half of Gone With the Wind on CD. I've really enjoyed listening to it in the car for the last week or so, although the war years have been a bit grim. But the war is over now, and Ashley just came home, so I couldn't stop there!

By the time I got to dana, she had already ordered the pizza, it had arrived, and of course she wouldn't let me pay for any of it. She did seem to perk up, although I know I'm no substitute for Miss Kat. But we were together, and I was blissfully glad to see her. After not seeing them last week, and then the horrible week this end, it was like reaching sanctuary.

We hung out, watched TV, laughed, and just enjoyed each other's company.

No comments: