Thursday, November 4, 2010

A post in which I enjoy an unexpected visit

I almost finished the hell presentation today. There are some people out, and some aren't responding, but all the parts I could do without the input from others are done. I was pretty damn wiped out - it's been the most stressful week I've ever had with the company this week. Out of ten years with them.

To top things off, right as I was getting ready to leave work John called to break our date for Saturday. He tried a couple of lies, but didn't really have any of them straight. And I'm sitting there thinking at least lie quickly. Not only was he lying to me, but I'm having to sit through ten minutes of verbal dissembling and make supportive noises to get the lie. Eventually he said "I guess I'm not putting this very well." "Actually," I replied "I've been dumped before. I know what it sounds like." That pretty much ended the conversation. I'd like to know the real reason he decided to cancel, but it's not like I can force him to go out with me or anything so I guess it really doesn't matter in the end. Needless to say, getting dumped for no discernible reason really topped off my shitty week nicely.

After work I went to get my hair cut. Usually Russ has a waxing after me, but sometimes we still go out to dinner or something afterward. I had forgotten that Joanne and Rob were in town from Savannah for the camp out. We had plans for dinner and I had completely forgotten.

It was so good to see them. We took them to Della Ventura and had an incredible meal. Their food is always good, but it was out of this world tonight! Rob had mussels in red sauce (which I would never have ordered in a million years) and the sauce was so delicious I sat and ate it with a spoon when he finished the mussels. I had eaten so much mussel sauce and bread that I couldn't eat but about half my supper. It was outstanding too though.

Russ is determined that I will drive up to the camp out and get a day pass. I am not as sure about it. I don't know that I would be welcome if I just showed up without reserving a place. That seem presumptuous to me. But it's not like I have any plans for Saturday (now), and I would like to see everyone. Chris and Kindle will be there, and I think it's the last event they will attend before they move to Chicago. I'd really love to see them.

We spent a lovely evening visiting and talking as Russ and Joanne laid out stuff to take this weekend. It was so nice to have something good happen this week. I really, really needed tonight.

No comments: