Friday, November 12, 2010

A post in which it is Friday night, at long last

I haven't seen Miss Kat in three weeks. I have been in withdrawal, and really couldn't wait to see her and dana tonight. Unfortunately they aren't feeling well. They still wanted to meet for supper though. Russ and Billy wanted to see them also, so on the way home I set up dinner out at Olive Garden. I know. But I was limited to a geographic area, a sit-down place, and no place too dressy. So I went out for my third night of Italian in a row. Not that I minded much. I really love pasta, and I would have eaten worse to see Miss Kat tonight. I have really missed her.

dana had been unable to wait any longer and had already proposed and given her the right she's been keeping secret. I thought this was supposed to happen Thanksgiving weekend, but I was terrified I would give the secret away before it happened. All that would have had to happen would be for Miss Kat just to get suspicious. Had she asked me anything, the jig would have been up. Whether I had said anything or not she would have known.

We had a nice dinner, and I had some kind of rolled lasagne dish that was quite delicious. We split desserts and then headed back to Russ and Billy's, leaving Miss Kat and dana to get home and get some much-needed rest.

Another lovely visit on the smoking porch. And yay for me.

No comments: