Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A post in which I see the 'rents

I called Eve today to ask about dinner, and since they were going out of town for the rest of the week tomorrow, it was tonight.

I also got an invitation from Nicole to have dinner with her and Donnie tomorrow night, so that's two nights with company - yay me.

We went to a great place they found up on Pelham Road. The food was good, but Dad didn't eat much. He's been having stomach problems ever since his back surgery. They put him on such intensive antibiotics he hasn't been quite the same since. Eve says he's afraid to have the doctor look at him because he's afraid of stomach cancer or something serious. He's convinced he's going to die because he turns 64 next month. That's the same age my grandfather was when he died. Plus he's due in for another heart catheterizing. When they were planning this trip he wanted to stop and see some of his cousins on the way, but one was out of town and the other two were having serious health problems. One is in fourth-stage cancer. I'm sure that didn't help his mindset.

But they're going to Ocracoke on the NC outer banks, and they seem to be looking forward to that. I'm glad he has the freedom to get out and enjoy himself if he wants to. Lord knows I'd love to get away for a bit.

No comments: