Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A post in which I visit Dick and Eve

Since I was caught up enough at the house to go out tonight, I met them for supper at Mimi's Cafe. Everything there is horribly caloric (the average entree has about 1800 calories), but I wanted to see them, and I didn't particularly want to go home. They do now have a 'healthy entrees' selection, as well as a 'smaller portions' section that sounded quite nice, not that I took advantage of them. I ended up eating a roasted veggie sandwich that was quite good, but it was so messy I got it all over me. Still, it was tasty.

Eve continues to suffer with her health. The old surgical site isn't looking great, and the new site is hurting. She goes back to the doctor tomorrow. All I can do is commiserate.

We went back to their place and visited after supper. It was actually quite relaxed. I have noticed that now that I see them every week, there isn't as much pressure on me when I'm over there. I don't feel so much like I'm under a microscope. And Dad has toned down the poor-me-abandoned-by-my-ungrateful-children routine a good bit. I went in tonight, sat down, and had casual conversation as I flipped through a catalog and chatted. It was actually pretty nice.

No comments: