Thursday, November 11, 2010

A post in which I head for Russ and Billy's

I started home tonight. There was plenty I needed to do there, but I just didn't feel like going home to the house alone tonight. I called Billy and headed over there. I had forgotten that Brenden was still there until I got there. Of course I spoke to be polite. "How's it going?" he asked. I should have known better "Well," I said. "I haven't cried this week, so it's better than last week." "I have," he reported "a couple of times." I know he has a lot going on in his life, but geez he is such a downer.

We went to dinner without him. We ended up going to a new place for me called Lola's, also on Pelham Road. Russ and Billy had heard good things about it. It was OK, but I didn't eat anything that made me want to put a paper mache tomato on my head and dance around.

We went back to their house afterward, and Russ and I spent some time visiting on the smoking porch - one of my favorite places to be.

No comments: