Saturday, November 6, 2010

A post in which I go to the camp out

I really intended to get some stuff done around the house today. I really did. But when I woke up this morning, my ass was just full of molasses. I really have no excuse. I indulgently ate my left-over pasta from dinner Thursday for breakfast. It was just as gorgeous as I remembered.

I lay around until it became obvious that I wasn't going to get anything done today. I decided to go to the camp out tonight, which at least gave me a reason to rest up. Plus I wanted to go anyway. Plus Russ started texting me at 11:00 to come up. It was going to be expensive for a day pass, which was why I couldn't talk dana in to going with me, but I decided it would be worth it. Eventually I got up, did the cat chores, got cleaned up, and packed up stuff to take.

Russ had helpfully emailed me the address this week, and I had no problem finding the place. The drive out was nice. The weather was pretty, as was the scenery.

When I got to the event, I was pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome I received. A good many people came up to say hello and hug. Some of them wanted to ask about desserts (I didn't make any), but some of them just wanted to talk. Everyone seemed happy to see me. It made me feel good. They even worked with me on the cost of the day pass, so it was a lot less expensive than I was expecting.

I hung out with Joanne, Rob, Chris, and Kindle for a while, and then shortly before dinner I went up to Russ and Billy's cabin to wake them up. The facility is really nice, and I was impressed with the cabin they had. We went down to eat, and then back up to the cabin with some friends to hang out until the dungeon opened (there was a presentation after the banquet I had already seen). We ended up playing a game called naughty charades that would have been incredibly lame if we all hadn't enjoyed each other's company so much. But it was great just to hang out with friends, laughing and visiting.

When the dungeon opened we went down. Russ of course had several scenes lined up (he did a particularly interesting one where they did saline inflation of labia that I would have really loved to have seen better), and Chris and Kindle were playing together, but I didn't seem to be connecting tonight for some reason. Russ set me up with a very nice woman named pat to have my boots blacked. They needed the attention, and she wanted the practice at erotic boot blacking. I've never had that done before. It was interesting. She did do a lovely job on my boots, plus she did my belt, and my vest looked great.

Sharp looking leather aside, it didn't seem like a whoopin' was in the cards for me tonight. Plus it was butt-ass cold and getting late. Since I wasn't staying over I had drive back also, so I headed on out.

Getting back wasn't too bad, and I was really glad I went. It was good to see everyone, but particularly Chris and Kindle. The more I'm around them, the better I like them. I just hate they're moving away.

I was glad I went, but I was also glad to get home to my warm bed.

No comments: