Sunday, November 28, 2010

A post in which I head home

I slept well, and got up ready to head for home. I've really enjoyed my visit, but it's time. I had breakfast with Mom, and got her Christmas tree down from the attic for her before I left. It was a pretty day for a drive.

I got in tired. Just feeling run down. I've been trying to rest as I go, but E-B is pretty demanding. Before I could lie down though, I had to clean the kitchen and bathroom. The cats had destroyed both rooms while I was gone. They had knocked all the dishes in the floor in the kitchen, and the bathroom is always a disaster area after a trip. After yelling at them until they hid, I completely cleaned the kitchen, re-washed the dishes, and put it back in order. I gave the bathroom a lick and a promise, and then unpacked.

After a nap, I felt much better. I got in touch with the gang to find out what was going on. Originally, I had planned to be home early today to go to a family thing where dana was going to pop the question to Miss Kat, but she hadn't been able to wait, so that was no longer on the agenda. But dinner was on at Jeff and James's house. I cleaned the bathroom top to bottom, scooped the litter box, and got ready to go.

When I got to the house, things seemed off. It seems that Jeff and James had had a rough time. Sadly, Amy and Aaron broke up this weekend. I'll spare the details, but infidelity was involved, and Amy had showed up at their house, distraught, Saturday night. They all proceeded to get severely wasted and stay up all night. James had had about three hours of sleep.

But we were all hungry, and glad to see each other. James had promised sushi, and Amanda had her heart set on it. After a lot of debate (heedlessly, since almost all the sushi places close on Sunday around here) we ended up going to Kampai. OK, so it wasn't the best sushi in the world, we reasoned, but it was in fact sushi. Well that would be providing you could get it. There was apparently only one waiter on duty. The service was incredibly slow. It was fifteen minutes to get drinks, thirty to get appetizers, and a full hour after ordering before our food was all served. We were all pretty over it, especially James. But it was edible, and we were all together.

We went back to the house and had dessert before I said goodnight. Another long week ahead, and I have much to do.

No comments: